Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hipster Beer Bread

It's been awhile.

But the good news is that I keep cooking and baking stuff lately. And it keeps being fun.

So I'm gonna start blogging about it, since I can! :)

I have a recipe for beer bread that is adapted from a variety of other beer bread recipes. First of all, since not all beer is vegan, it's important to check barnivore.com to see if your bottle is animal-safe.

I had a ton of leftover PBR (which is fortunately vegan-friendly) so that's what I stuck with.

Plus, who doesn't want a slice of PBR hipster bread?!

Ingredients:

2 2/3 cup flour (white flour is my personal choice for a good soft beer bread flavor, but I've also had success with spelt and whole wheat)
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
12 fl oz of beer
3 tbsp brown rice syrup

1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Pour bottle of beer into dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
3. Mix in brown rice syrup. This is a thick sweetener, so mix well! You don't want a clump of sweetness in your otherwise unsweet bread.
4. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, until golden brown and cracked on top.


FUCK YEAH, HIPSTER BEER BREAD

RATINGS:

Deliciousness: 4/5
Tastes like good ol' beer bread! Always improved with a slab of vegan butter. It would probably be fun to experiment with different beers, too....lighter beers have always worked well for me with beer bread so I bet a kolsch would be nice.
Ease of Preparation: 5/5
Few ingredients, mix it all together. Bake it. Like an easy-bake-oven, man.
Prettiness: 4/5
Looks all rustic and lovely with the cracked golden top!

No comments:

Post a Comment