Friday, June 22, 2012

Bagels.

I have a confession.

I am a bagel ADDICT.

I've been visiting my friend Emily (this is her nifty little shop) and Boston is very Jewish and very bagel-y. I am in love.

I ate four bagels one morning while visiting my friend Emily here in Boston. FOUR IN ONE DAY. What's wrong with me?!

I just freaking love that almost crispy outside with the gooey inside. Smothered in hummus and arugula, bagels create the perfect meal for me. I fucking love the shit out of them.

And there's this place in Seattle called Eltana - omfg they have the best bagels. They're WOODFIRED. What?!

They're not vegan because they're all made with honey, though.

So my goal: make a delicious, vegan-friendly bagel.

Leite's Culinaria always has the best recipes.

And I want to copy the recipe she has for these bagels.

But instead of barley malt syrup or rice syrup, I want to try one batch with maple syrup and one with molasses.

Why?

Both of these sweeteners are thick, vegan-friendly sweeteners that are all natural.

Plus, who the hell says no to a molasses bagel or a maple bagel? Certainly not me.

I want pretty little bagels that look like this:


And I want them to have sesame seeds on them and hummus and arugula and joy.

I will sprinkle these assholes in joy.

It's happening.

Sometime next week.

GET READY.

Ok now I'm off to go do cool things in Boston KTHXBAI

No comments:

Post a Comment