Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet Jesus! Miso Dressing!

I like salad dressings. They're like, the coolest things ever created.

I also like making my own salad dressings because I can tweak the flavors how I like, and I can see exactly what goes into it, and I can put it in a cool glass bottle and be proud of my home-made dressing that's sitting in the fridge.

In Vegan Yum Yum, I found a delicious-sounding way to use some of the miso that's been hanging out in my fridge for the past few weeks.



Sweet Miso Salad Dressing Pg 271

Ingredients:

1 heaping tablespoon sweet white miso
1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 pinches salt
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
2 - 4 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil (your choice)
1 tbsp hot water

Put the miso, mustard, sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Use the whisk to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking constantly, creating an emulsion. the dressing should turn shiny and thick. Taste and reseason if necessary. Whisking hot water to thin, if needed. Let the dressing stand for a few minutes and whisk again before serving.

GUESS WHAT, BITCHES!?

IT'S DELICIOUS. THAT'S WHAT.



RATINGS:

Deliciousness: 4/5 
This is a really simple, kinda sweet salad dressing. It's not obscenely exciting, but it does really complement the bitter taste of arugula quite well. It's also really reminiscent of a lot of salad dressings I used to eat in Japan...covering deliciously fresh cabbage...*drools*

Ease of Preparation: 5/5
Absurdly easy. Whisking things together can't really get complicated.

Prettiness: 3/5
Nothing super fancy, but it is a nice creamy looking salad dressing (as opposed to just balsamic vinegar) and the color is kind of neutral so aesthetically speaking, it would go well with a variety of different salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment