Monday, May 30, 2011

Cordially Delicious Cookies

So when someone invites you to a board games party, what do you do?

Make cookies, of course!

I flipped through all my cookbooks to find a sufficiently easy, but also mildly impressive recipe to make. If you're making cookies for a party of people you don't know that well but think are really cool, the natural desire is for your cookies to knock their socks off so they will want to be your friend, even if it's just to eat more of your cookies.

That's right, I'm a manipulative bitch!

I would also like to take this time to point out that I GOT A NEW KITCHEN FURNITURE THINGY AND NOW HAVE A COUNTERTOP.

LOOK AT IT.



Now I don't have to balance mixing bowls and ingredients on my stovetop / in my sink! YAY FOR A COUNTERTOP!

So yeah...

Color Me Vegan had a nice little cookie in the brown section of the book...


Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies Pg 83

These cookies are basically supposed to be like the cherry cordials you eat at Christmastime. I don't know if you really do eat them at Christmastime, but my freshman year roommate told me this one time and it's never left my brain.

So whatever season they're supposed to be made in, I didn't care, because I made them on May 29th and it somehow worked out without the magic of Christmas lights and tinsel.

Anywho, as a typical baking recipe, please empty your pantry and put all your baking supplies out on your countertop.


First step: make your egg! Mix together a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of warm water!


YUMMMM.

Next step: cream together your 'egg' with a cup of sugar and half a cup of butter (and then mix in a tsp of vanilla extract!)



Once you've got your creamy fatty sugary goodness over there, get a new bowl and mix together the dry ingredients!


That situation there is a combo deal of 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup baking cocoa, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt. It's a lovely little bowl full of puffy chocolatey goodness.

Also, I made my FIRST FLOURY MESS ON MY  NEW COUNTERTOP! SO EXCITED! LOOK AT IT!


NOW COMBINE THESE TWO BOWLS OF GOODNESS.


Your dough will be kinda dry and crumbley, but when you pick some up and mash it together into a ball, it creates and nice little non-greasy ball of chocolately dough.

PS: I ate like half the dough because I'm a fat bitch and I love chocolate foods, especially cookie doughs.

Also, my GOD the dough was delightful.

I WILL BE FAT FOREVER WITH THIS DOUGH.

Anyways, then you make your chocolate sauce. The recipe told me to use 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips, but I couldn't find any vegan chocolate chips at the Asian grocery store (shocker) so I got semisweet chocolate baking squares instead.


You heat your chocolate up with 1/4 cup of the milk of your choice (my choice was Almond Dream, because on top of being a fat bitch, I'm a poor bitch, and it was on sale).


Then, you put in 4 tsp of maraschino cherry juice in there.

When it's all nice and gooey, turn off the heat. Then chop up some marschino cherries in half and put them aside.

Make your dough into balls then put a thumbprint on each one...then put a cherry half on each thumbprint!


SO. FUCKING. CUTE. !!!! !  ! ! !!

Then, drizzle some chocolate sauce on the cherry to cover it up and bake those little cherry babies in the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.



WHEN THEY'RE DONE YOU WILL WANT TO EAT ALL OF THEM. BUT REFRAIN FROM DOING SO, BECAUSE YOU STILL HAVE TO IMPRESS YOUR SOON-TO-BE-FRIENDS AND SHOWING UP EMPTY-HANDED AND 30 LBS HEAVIER IS NOT THE WAY TO DO THAT.

So maybe just eat one??

 [[OR FIVE ?!]]

YummyYummyYummy. <3

RATINGS:

Ease of preparation: 2/5
So many steps. It's a baking recipe, so it's to be expected, but now I have a million dishes to clean and the wait for my cookies was long. *Grumble.*

Deliciousness: 4/5
These cookies were heavenly. Yum. I wish the dough were a little chewier, though, so maybe next time I'll put a second 'egg' in there.

Prettiness: 5/5
Chocolate covered chocolate goodness with a hidden bright red cherry inside! CUTE AS ALL HELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment